[AAWM] Catenary - TBN
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
c-audio's basement, apparently.
MC Status: 31210
[AAWM] Catenary - TBN

08.01.2014 | introduction

Each track stems from one of four photographs.
Four photographs, all black and white and hyper-processed into having a coherent tone-feel ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
's influence still lingers).

The idea is to present myself with a series of visual obstructions that will trigger a complex array of emotions and memory-dependent sensations that can be described through a single track.
At the same time, the photographs are meant to be writing triggers. Words are meant to solidify the output so that sounds don't shape the feelings being evoked by the photographs. It is easy for sound to tinge feelings; the goal for the sounds to be informed by the photograph, rather than having the sound shape perception and therefore alter the tone-feel of the image.

Prequel/Test Run:

Four tracks, one month.

The first photograph:

(1) _____________________________________

(2) Fracture - Shuttling back and forth between doctors. Payback for pushing myself too hard. The motion of the train. The point of view of a cell, trailing through broken bones.

Last edited by g0lem; 26-08-2014 at 11:45 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029441
Thanked 7,240 Times in 4,500 Posts
Re: [AAWM] Catenary - TBN

Great stuff, thanks for getting involved man and what a nice concept.
I can't wait to hear what you do.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 115460
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,350 Posts

This is awesome, very interesting and original concept. Track sounds great too, love that cinematic darkness it brings. Looking forward to hear more, you're doing it right.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
g0lem (01-08-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Hell yeah!! This is awesome. Very lo-fi and dark, this is just what I like. I'm keeping an eye on your AAWM for sure
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC

I swear to god, I'm alive:

------------------
Old 26-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Just listened to both now. Really nice stuff. Not really something I'd listen to on the regular but I know good when I hear it. Everything is done really well and the first one really represented the photograph well I thought. Is there a corresponding picture for the second?

Never heard your music until now, it's good stuff man.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
g0lem (26-08-2014)
Old 26-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Just listened to both now. Really nice stuff. Not really something I'd listen to on the regular but I know good when I hear it. Everything is done really well and the first one really represented the photograph well I thought. Is there a corresponding picture for the second?

Never heard your music until now, it's good stuff man.

Thanks! This is what drove that one. I'll update the top write-up when I get home.

------------------
Thanks to g0lem
RFJ (26-08-2014)
Old 12-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #8
BlauDisS
Analog Lurker
BlauDisS has a spectacular aura aboutBlauDisS has a spectacular aura about
Washington DC
MC Status: 160

Nice concept- well done!