AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2014, 05:54 AM   #1
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts
AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Competition in the Mutation of Sound…

As of today, June 1st 2014, The Altered Echo Project is officially accepting submissions for mutations of the newest release from
& [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

If you have yet to hear this amazing release, from an artist who refuses to be pinned down by genre, you can check it out below. It’s a listen which demands attention, and any audiophiles dream. So have a seat, turn it up, press play, and enjoy the 10 track journey that is A Product of my Environment.

Physical copies of this release can be purchased from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
page linked above or by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Nuts n’ Bolts…

Submissions for mutations will be running for a 45 day period and closing Tuesday July 15th, 2014 at Midnight Eastern Standard Time. Once we collect the submissions the tracks will be judged and the track listing will be selected. The winning tracks will be skillfully mastered by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and the release itself will receive a full promotional campaign backed by both [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. The only thing we ask is that you keep your tracks to a min -3 db (-5 preferred) with nothing on the master bus. Please keep your tracks PRIVATE and privately share them with us via [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Dropbox links are also acceptable but please stay away from e-mail attachments.

Samples & Procedures...

has been so kind as to stem out eight full tracks from his release. A quick listen through the release will reveal that the content contained within these individual sets of samples is any musicians dream. The list of available tracks is as follows, keep reading for instructions on obtaining links...

Good To Be Here - Bigger Pictures - Chainletter - Daydreamwalkers - Revolver

Great North Wet - The Long Trip Home - What Happens In Waves

Being as one cannot even begin to accurately value something of this nature in terms of dollars and cents we have opted instead to trade them out for an e-mail address. The provided e-mail address will be kept private between AEP / ISAT and will not be released to any third party for any reason. The primary reason for this tit for tat exchange, besides tracking who gets what, is for purposes of artist followup between the competition holders and the participants. This effort is made to not only put together a fantastic release but also to build relationships within this creative community of people going forward.

So…

If you would like to request one, or a few, of these amazing collections of sounds please send an e-mail to:

Tell us who you are, what tracks you want, and we’ll send over direct link for download of whatever tracks you like, within 24 hours of receipt of your request. We’re real people, with real lives and real jobs, so don’t hold us to the fire if it takes 25, but most of the time it probably won’t even take 12.

Please keep in mind that the primary initial purpose of these sample sets are for use in this competition. So, please, keep your requests limited only to tracks you plan on actually remixing. Once your submission is received, if you would like links to any others, just let us know and we’ll be all too happy to comply.

Finally…

The Altered Echo Project wishes to thank Brandon K. Morris, Wayne Baker, and all the other heads at In Space & Time for giving us the opportunity to take this wonderful material one step further. Thanks be to Jason Potorff aka Jazzyspoon for putting together this top shelf material and so graciously providing to the community in this way.

We’d also like to thank YOU our listener turned artist for checking out our project and participating in this release. Please direct any correspondence or questions to the e-mail provided above. We look forward to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in the very near future.

AEP
- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

ISAT

JazzySpoon

“The clue is in the name. Go get it. Listen. Get the stems. Make a remix.”

-Tim

Last edited by RFJ; 06-01-2014 at 04:15 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 06:49 AM   #2
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
Re: AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound

Bringing this over from another thread so as to keep everything focused over here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitez View Post
Deleted a rant, im game. Only had the first 2 tracks play out fully but if i cant do something cool with that i might as well donate my pc to needy 3rd world children. Its not a very good pc and ill probably buy a new one within 2 months even though im poorer then your shoes back sole, but you get the idea. Please do send me the required materials, i want to try this.
Fantastic...

Stems on the way for the first two tracks then, PM coming, you can forward me your e-mail address when you get my PM.

Thanks!

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6954183
Thanked 3,895 Times in 2,591 Posts

I'm looking forward to participating in this. Jazzyspoon was one of the first artists here that I really took to and enjoyed listening to, and still enjoy. It's an honor to try it out although a tad intimidating! I've listened to this album over and over and it's so good.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #4
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

^Thanks so much for all your continued support there muse-ic. It's people like you that make this worth doing. Stoked to hear your submission and no need to be intimidated.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Okay everyone...

That does it for me tonight. I've taken care of the requests I've received in the last hour and will tend to any others I get when I wake up in approx. 7 hours from now.

If you want stems just shoot us an e-mail...

And, again, I'll tend to it first thing.

Sweet dreams all.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295370
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,571 Posts

Sweet, I will hopefully be able to contribute to this.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1526977
Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,152 Posts

Still deciding which tune to do, I have a 3 hour flight tomorrow and would like to get some preliminary work done on it.

These are some great tunes, I'd happily re-tool any of them. Someone make up my mind for me!

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Thanks to chasedobson
RFJ (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155560
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,316 Posts

OK..I made my choice for this, depending on if it's alright to go with the track in question. I'm liking "The Long Trip Home", though..like Muse already said..the thought of this is a little intimidating, given that I respect Jazzy's production skills and love the track in question. It's kind of daunting to actually think of touching such a great track, cause I know our production styles are more than a bit different.

Whatever happens. I know what I'm going to end up with will be very different to the original..not better, just different.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
I'm looking forward to participating in this. Jazzyspoon was one of the first artists here that I really took to and enjoyed listening to, and still enjoy. It's an honor to try it out although a tad intimidating! I've listened to this album over and over and it's so good.
Same as me!
Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #10
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

It was tough making a choice, however I finally went with "Good To Be Here."
Thanks to Muse-ic
A.M (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #11
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
It was tough making a choice, however I finally went with "Good To Be Here."
Can't wait to hear what you do with it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
Muse-ic (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Can't wait to hear what you do with it.
Thanks, I'm really excited, it's a beautiful track and I feel inspiration and ideas flowing in already!
I look forward to seeing what you do too.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 06-01-2014 at 05:23 PM..
Thanks to Muse-ic
A.M (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #13
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Quite a bit of awesome up in here on this fine morning. One quick look through the thread, and the e mail reveals, I have a pretty awesome list of real solid artists already who have jumped on this. It's such a great oppertunity to not only mutate some of the highest quality material out there but to also have the chance to get on a release that will get some serious exposure between AEP, ISAT, & Jazzyspoon. So thanks again to everyone who has piped up. Can't wait to hear what we all come up with.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
A.M (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #14
A.M

Well..I made a start on mine....rough is not the correct word to describe how it sounds right now, after my initial "twiddling". Looks like I'm going to be "feeling the Earth..feeling the Sea" for the foreseeable future.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
RFJ (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Decided on "The Long Trip Home".

Undecided as to what I need to do to it yet.

Probably something emo tho. sorry in advance.

------------------
Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 AM   #16
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

download not working. anyone???

------------------
Old 06-02-2014, 02:16 AM   #17
Muse-ic
Wanderer

I downloaded okay, just had to download a rar converter as I haven't worked with that before. If anyone needs it...

Last edited by Muse-ic; 06-02-2014 at 02:21 AM..
Old 06-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #18
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

cancelled and restarted. lets see how my 2nd attempt goes

------------------
Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 AM   #19
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; if what I sent you isn't working I have since uploaded everything to our project mediafire account so I can provide an alternate if needed.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 02:40 AM   #20
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

it just SUPER sluggish. PM me a mediafire link to "The Long Trip Home"???

Advertisements

------------------

AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound Tags
compilation album, electronic music, idm glitch ambient, jazzyspoon, remix
Closed Thread