Should VSnares and Igorrr Collab?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Should VSnares and Igorrr Collab?

I've always had this dream that these two would collaborate on an EP or at least a single song.

I thought that this was a fitting place to discuss any possible combination of sound.

Would any of you like to hear such a combination? I know I would.

Here's why I think it would be great for electronic music:
Venetian Snares is perhaps the biggest name in Breakcore right now, and rightfully so.
Igorrr is making quite a splash in the underground scene with his brand of genre fusions many call "Baroquecore"

Venetian Snares and Igorrr are both pretty innovative within an already innovative genre, and the combination would bring out the best of both worlds and be mind-blowingly unique and diverse.

VSnares is arguably at his best when some heavy classical influence is present, and Igorrr pretty much made a name of combining Baroque instrumentation with breakcore and metal. The combination of the odd and irregular time signatures of Venetian Snares with the genre hopping and tempo changing of Igorrr would be very interesting and cool.

Of course, the complex rhythms, mixed with live drumming and blending of all kinds of genres and instruments like VSnares chiptunish synths and Igorrr's affinity for spanish guitar can make the timestretched melodies and hardpanned percussion mix with a uniqueness unparallelled in music. Just so many possibilities with the combination of styles they both use.

So, am I crazy or would this be great? Is the new-comer meets legend a curious endeavor? Or would the insanity of both combine to be just too insane?

Igorrr:

Venetian Snares:

Advertisements

GuyWithSausageF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Radiohead - Karma Police
Old 03-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
Faktori
Radial Developer
Faktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2960
Re: Should VSnares and Igorrr Collab?

They both do an awesome job on their own but I'm not sure a collab would be as good as what they do independantly.
They have such a unique feel in their work that mixing both would flatten it a bit. Not sure, but still curious about it.
They actually played live in france both the same night so now I believe they know each other, a collab is not excluded.
Faktori is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #3
eery
Soundwave Mangler
eery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond repute
Gjøvik
MC Status: 3910

I honestly dont know if they really could add anything. Like they both have the same skillset sort of, so I'm unsure if they could add anything to a piece. Even their styles are more similar than for instance if Vsnares were to collab with a opera singer or something. I feel they would moreso just step on eachothers feet.

------------------

"Get yourself together, man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band.
Get six or seven roommates… eat hummus with them.
Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves.
Listen to Animal Collective. Start some type of salsa company."
eery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
Faktori
Radial Developer
Faktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure we can say their style is similiar, Igorrr has a very particular genre but I totally agree with you on them stepping on each other's feet.

It would be like putting 2 elephants in a small box.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
eery
Soundwave Mangler
eery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond repute
Gjøvik
MC Status: 3910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktori View Post
I'm not sure we can say their style is similiar
As similar as two breakcore artists, or any artists of the same genre can be. Obviously, there's great differences, but you would agree with me that theres a less of a difference between igorrr and Vsnares, compared to igorrr and deadmau5?

All I was saying was that it's more intresting to see two induviduals with more different things to bring to the table collaberate, rather than people of the same genre and same sort of culture.

------------------

"Get yourself together, man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band.
Get six or seven roommates… eat hummus with them.
Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves.
Listen to Animal Collective. Start some type of salsa company."
eery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:26 AM   #6
Faktori
Radial Developer

Of course, everything is relative ! They both are breakcore artists but within breakcore there are still a few distinct directions. I would say Vsnares is more on the typical breakcore wave, Igorrr is more deviant like he has his own subgenre.
As far as comparison goes I would say for example Vsnares and Acrnym are pretty similiar, same for Igorrr and Bong-Ra, but there's a very distinct frontier between Venetian snares and Igorrr IMO.

You're very right about collabs being more interesting when the collaborators have different things to bring. Igorrr does collab a lot with various artists like Vladimir Bozar 'n' Ze Sheraf Orkestär wich has nothing to do with breakcore, and even within Igorrr itself, he uses to work with opera singers, metal guitarist, flamenco guitar player, a chicken, etc.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
Damnton
Regular Freak
Damnton will become famous soon enoughDamnton will become famous soon enough
Belgium
MC Status: 110

does igorr still produce his original style? i know he makes some phat crossbreed like hardcore nowadays
but its possible he still makes both genres
Damnton is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #8
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740305
Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktori View Post
They both do an awesome job on their own but I'm not sure a collab would be as good as what they do independantly.
This.
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #9
fighuass
Regular Freak
fighuass will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I support. It would be like having Spartans and Persians joining together
fighuass is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #10
F000L
Granular Poster
F000L is just really niceF000L is just really niceF000L is just really niceF000L is just really nice
Cologne

i think if they merge together on one track together the result probably won't be pretty satisfying, like most of you guys said. but i think a solution would a kind of "chain-production" (don't know how to call it in a better way):

what i mean is, one of them starts with i.e. an intro and sends the end of it to the other one, who continues the idea and so forth...

i tried it some time ago with a friend, its pretty much fun and i guess its also fun to listen to the result and thinking about who made which part.

also, didn't igorrr collab with ruby my dear, who is also a breakcore producer (not sure if i'm right on this one)? i pretty much liked the outcome.
F000L is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #11
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740305
Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,618 Posts

Igorrr did collab with Bong-Ra. A really boring release (IMO), but worth a listen just in case it hits the spot for some.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #12
Zwaken
Minor Glitch
Zwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MCZwaken is a savage MC
Ypsilanti
MC Status: 325169

I already shit my pants when Igorrr and Ruby My Dear did work together :3
Zwaken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #13
F000L
Granular Poster
F000L is just really niceF000L is just really niceF000L is just really niceF000L is just really nice
Cologne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwaken View Post
maigre was one of the best things ive ever heard! fucking amazing!
F000L is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:28 PM   #14
Grimbit
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland
MC Status: 7760

I really liked the collab ep with "Ruby My Dear" so yeah they should
Grimbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #15
Grimbit
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland
MC Status: 7760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwaken View Post
It was immense, fancy seeing you here Zwaken
Grimbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #16
kaometry
Regular Freak
kaometry will become famous soon enough
Berlin

It would definetely be a great idea! but not sure it will ever happen.
VSnares doesnt seem to be keen on collaborating with other artists. Their way of working, their working flow, and their productions are too far away from each other. Could be complicated for any of them to adapt himself. And i guess both of them dont care about the other
but i hope i m wrong ...
kaometry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:12 PM   #17
sockpuppet300
Learning The Ropes
sockpuppet300 will become famous soon enough

It will happen eventually
sockpuppet300 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:05 PM   #18
mr.Qaobab
Knob Twiddler
mr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant futuremr.Qaobab has a brilliant future
rvk
MC Status: 1924

Igorrr is super gay in an overly dramatic way and snares lost his rawness right around the time he released meathole so they definitely should do something about that, maybe even collaborate, it would help if they hated each other just so they could finally put some real emotions in their music for a change.

Advertisements

mr.Qaobab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote