IDMf048 (Interrupted, will be rezzed)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42379349
Thanked 4,907 Times in 3,205 Posts
IDMf048 (Interrupted, will be rezzed)

Welcome to the IDMf048 Open Genre Compilation!

Greetings Mf'ers, its that time again. You are invited to submit a piece of music to be considered for inclusion on the next IDMf release. Any genre, any style.

There is a change from previous competitions which has no impact on the process or method of submission but of which you need to be aware (It is number 4 on the list below).

Read the following rules carefully:

1) By submitting an entry for the competition you are confirming that you have read and understood all the rules. (well, duh)

2) Peak audio level is -6DB. Yup, 6DB Headroom. Any entries with less than this at any point in the track will not be accepted. "My dog ate my mixing levels" is not an acceptable excuse, nor is "I was channeling Kanye".

3) No plugins on your master channel. That includes compression and limiting. There should be no FX whatsoever on the master channel. Entries that are accepted for release on the Netlabel will be mastered and anything you put on the master channel will mess this up. Tracks with Master channel FX will not be accepted.

4) Once you submit your entry for the competition, you are giving the IDMf NetLabel exclusive rights to publish the track. You are making a commitment that you will not send the submitted track to anyone else for publication and that you will not release it yourself. If not selected for the release, all rights pass back to you on the day the album is released. If you submit an entry for the competition it is taken as confirmation that you have read and understand this.

5) Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation.

6) Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation. Yeh, really, this one went in twice.

7) All tracks submitted must be shared privately from a soundcloud link to the label email here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Any not privately shared or those that have been public before with many plays and/or downloads will automatically disqualify you from the compilation selection process.
If you don't have a soundcloud account, other streaming services are fine as long as they offer equal ease and functionality to soundcloud - namely the ability to preview the track, the ability to share privately, and the ability to download the track in full lossless quality.

8) All tracks must be submitted in WAV or AIFF format, with a minimum quality of 44100/24bit sample rate.

9) When you create the file for your track (before uploading) name it with your full artist name, track title and forum name too. AGAIN MAKE SURE TO DO THIS OR YOUR SUB MAY WELL GET LOST AND FORGOTTEN. Have some professionalism with your final master for submission please. If we can't keep track of who subbed what, good tracks might get left off.

10) No remixes. This seems like a no-brainer but you'd be surprised.

11) Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation. Three times now, has it gone in yet? I bet for a few it still hasn't

All entries are to be received by the IDMf netlabel no later than 11:59pm 26/8/2016 UK summertime (GMT+1) . Note: Received, not sent.

If you have difficulty working out what time of day that is (this is not sarcasm, people in different time-zones often have problems), make sure to submit at least the day before. Don't waste anyone's time arguing if you submit late, the trolls that wear the mantle of moderator will find you adorable but dismiss your entry. Pointing and laughing may ensue.

We receive a lot of submissions for these compilations so be aware that any entries not meeting the above requirements may mean your music will not be considered. It is 100% YOUR responsibility to make sure you do this. Don't shoot yourself in the foot after working so hard on your music.

We're very much looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with over the next couple of months. Good luck all!

Last edited by Roo Stercogburn; 18-08-2016 at 01:52 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
Re: IDMf048 Open Genre Compilation: Closing Date 19/8/2016 [Submissions OPEN]

CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO 26/8/2016.

Anyone who has already submitted may revise their entry if they wish.

Last edited by Roo Stercogburn; 18-08-2016 at 01:53 PM..

------------------
Old 01-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts

Just subscribing for updates on this.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
U-235
Sample Destroyer
U-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond repute
Fields of Gold
MC Status: 6910

Awesome!!!
U-235 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
rewir3d
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3063619

I missed the last one but will not miss this, or will I!? Let the inspiration flow
rewir3d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #6
U-235
Sample Destroyer
U-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond repute
Fields of Gold
MC Status: 6910

Same, I will be submitting for this!
U-235 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #7
Sons of Achab
Radial Developer
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
Toulouse
MC Status: 2460

Oh god only 3 month left!

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sons of Achab
A.M (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Achab View Post
Oh god only 3 month left!

I KNOW..how times flies!

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Muse-ic (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #9
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 50810
Thanked 1,016 Times in 752 Posts

This has always been fun. It would happen that I have something just at the right stage for this timing to work out.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
djoxygen (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #10
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

In, again, obviously.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
U-235 (02-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #11
djoxygen
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390479

august 19th. got it.

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #12
djoxygen
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Welcome to the IDMf048 Open Genre Compilation!

7) All tracks submitted must be shared privately from a soundcloud link to the label email here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Any not privately shared or those that have been public before with many plays and/or downloads will automatically disqualify you from the compilation selection process.
If you don't have a soundcloud account, other streaming services are fine as long as they offer equal ease and functionality to soundcloud - namely the ability to preview the track, the ability to share privately, and the ability to download the track in full lossless quality.

We're very much looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with over the next couple of months. Good luck all!

ok, so i submitted a track via soundcloud, i set the privacy on the track to private (soundcloud track edit), and when i submitted it the response was- "um, the track is private" - am i doing something wrong?

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8528480
Thanked 6,751 Times in 4,810 Posts

Can I submit a remix with sixteen limiters on the master channel and in 8bit, 128kbps MP3? :problemofficer:

Stoked there is another one of this already. Really going to ramp up my efforts this time around. My last entry was a perfect piece of poo, really.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Can I submit a remix with sixteen limiters on the master channel and in 8bit, 128kbps MP3? :problemofficer:

Stoked there is another one of this already. Really going to ramp up my efforts this time around. My last entry was a perfect piece of poo, really.

I bet it wasn't as bad as the Poo I submitted. Hey, we could do a collab and call it "Poo Poo"!

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 24660

Great timing! I just reorganized my "I like this one" folder and have some time off work coming up! Will def try to submit!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:32 PM   #16
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
ok, so i submitted a track via soundcloud, i set the privacy on the track to private (soundcloud track edit), and when i submitted it the response was- "um, the track is private" - am i doing something wrong?
Click on the 'Share' icon (it is second icon from left, above your SC avatar) and then you'll see under "Private Share" the link you need.

This lets you share via a link/url which can then be emailled or PM'd. You still need to make sure that the track has been set to downloadable.

------------------
Old 01-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #17
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Click on the 'Share' icon (it is second icon from left, above your SC avatar) and then you'll see under "Private Share" the link you need.

This lets you share via a link/url which can then be emailled or PM'd. You still need to make sure that the track has been set to downloadable.
How do you know all these things? Are you a God or something? I mean, come on, Ster..the shit you know man..are they paying you for this? If they're not then they should be!

------------------
Old 01-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #18
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560

I'm off school and it looks like I have summer to myself to work on something, have a couple of WIPs already, I'll definitely be taking a shot at this.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #19
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Kissass
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #20
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
Hey..don't be taking advantage just because I'm bending over!

Advertisements

------------------