Industrial Synths
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
youknowmyname69
Learning The Ropes
youknowmyname69 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Industrial Synths

Hello. I've been producing for a while and I'm seeking to start producing industrial. I'm a big fan of the genre and I really love it. But I need help with sound design/samples. If anyone has any presets/samples they'd be willing to send me to play around with, I'd be most grateful. I can send some samples etc out in return. I use NI massive btw. All kinds of stuff is welcome, from harsh EBM to the aesthetic perfection style industrial pop. Thanks to all.

Advertisements

youknowmyname69 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
kmader2
Regular Freak
kmader2 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Industrial Synths

How long have you been producing? I also am looking for samples to play with
kmader2 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:05 AM   #3
youknowmyname69
Learning The Ropes

I've been producing for about a year. Mostly trancey electro stuff but I haven't released any of it.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowmyname69 View Post
from harsh EBM to the aesthetic perfection style industrial pop.
Look for Vanguard and Virus presets, that'll cover a lot of that.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
penguinoid (20-06-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

In all honesty, Massive is a very solid synth for industrial sound design, You could pretty much design an entire album using nothing else but massive for your synth, drums (Very heavy indeed), bass, ect.. I personally like the FM7 synth from the NI family. Also look into the Korg legacy collection, It offers a really cool MS-20 modular synth (another personal fav) as well as some great FX modules, If you are looking for things in the freeware department, I would recommend daHornet, PM4, and Darkware is really fucking great freeware.[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. I hope that this was helpful and best of luck, I look forward to hearing what you come up with, The world could always use moar good industrial. Cheers man! .

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #6
youknowmyname69
Learning The Ropes

Thanks a lot, that really helped.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

I'd look for any synths that have more sophisticated filter sections than the average ones. As long as you have good bandpass and various steepnesses of lowpass filters than life should be good. Also, if the synth can load up waveforms and use those instead of just the basic common waveforms that helps too.

Also, experimenting with synth sounds with the distortion, reverb, and delay turned off can yield more classic analog synth sounds which were more popular during the earlier industrial days. These days a lot of stuff is drenched with distortion delay and reverb and it really washes out the pure sound and waters it down. If the sound is good without all that junk, it will probably really shine in a track. And you can always add tads of effects via track automation without homogenizing the whole track with synth effects.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 AM   #8
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462108
Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,842 Posts

Do you know the album Empire by Vnv Nation? That's 90% virus.
Then again, I love hardware, so I can't help with software.
Actually I'm drunk and this post might not be relevant.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #9
vx cheerleader
Microknight
vx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MC
MC Status: 39034

Just got myself a niced little DX200. Kinda like it - basically it's an FM synth (dx7 like, it can load dx7 patches, actually) /groovebox, with some knobs you can tweak... Basic but effective.

------------------
vx cheerleader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.

If you have Massive, you probably have everything you need.

------------------

Old 18-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Kurt_Dirt
Learning The Ropes
Kurt_Dirt is currently spamming hard
Tromaville

Hey!

I have a quite a collection of old synths and samplers, a lot of which were used in the late 80's and early 90's by bands from wax trax etc and i'll gladly send you over a few samples. What industrial bands / tracks do you like?
Kurt_Dirt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #12
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462108
Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx cheerleader View Post
Just got myself a niced little DX200. Kinda like it - basically it's an FM synth (dx7 like, it can load dx7 patches, actually) /groovebox, with some knobs you can tweak... Basic but effective.

I had the AN200, loved it until I moved to a Mac, then I could change some basic settings anymore...

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
youknowmyname69
Learning The Ropes

My favourite industrial bands are (there are a lot)Combichrist, Aesthetic perfection, Suicide commando, Incubite, Grendel and noisuf-X. Cheers
Old 15-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #14
ni_neu
Regular Freak
ni_neu will become famous soon enough
Bilbao [Basque Country]

check NI massive .. very powerful for this kind of music
ni_neu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

909's + supersaws + distortion is about 99% of what you need to get that sound! Also, can we please get in the practice of calling this stuff ADM (aggressive/angry dance music) instead of industrial? It would allay a large amount of confusion/dismay!

Last edited by penguinoid; 17-06-2014 at 06:01 PM..
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #16
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon12 Re: Industrial Synths

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
909's + supersaws + distortion is about 99% of what you need to get that sound! Also, can we please get in the practice of calling this stuff ADM (aggressive/angry dance music) instead of industrial? It would allay a large amount of confusion/dismay!
I don't know, dude. We already got IDM, EDM, and EBM. So I think adding ADM would be MORE confusing. But that's just me.

Peace

------------------

Old 17-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #17
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535477
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,242 Posts

...and OCD, ADHD, ADD, IBM, OSX and WTF.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #18
Obsidian Boy
Regular Freak
Obsidian Boy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
I don't know, dude. We already got IDM, EDM, and EBM. So I think adding ADM would be MORE confusing. But that's just me.

Peace
So much truth
Obsidian Boy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #19
Ocelaught
Minor Glitch
Ocelaught has a spectacular aura aboutOcelaught has a spectacular aura aboutOcelaught has a spectacular aura about
U.S.A
MC Status: 210

mega detuned saw synth. Its a requirement
Ocelaught is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #20
NerWraK
Learning The Ropes
NerWraK is currently spamming hard

PPG wave