Composing introductions
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #1
Dugg Funnie
Banned
Dugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3810
Composing introductions

Yo, so I've got this track I'm working on and no matter what I can't seem to get an intro that just screams "holy fuck you want this beat to drop bitch!". Anybody got tips for writing an intro that gives a listener enough to enjoy listening and groove out on while still building more and more expectation leading to the chorus section.

Now the track I'm working on isn't anywhere near as slammin' as this is, but I'm looking to have a similar feel to the intro.

Last edited by Dugg Funnie; 07-11-2012 at 03:29 AM..

Advertisements

Dugg Funnie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
iKlecKtic
Regular Freak
iKlecKtic will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Composing introductions

When listening to various tracks (whether it be DnB, electronica, etc), triplet drum patterns/rising pitch/1 cool FX seems to always do the trick. Some kind of cool vocal building up for the 8 bars before the drop sometimes works as well.

Advertisements

iKlecKtic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote