Greetings from a country between the borders!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Introduce Yourself Say hello to our other members. Give us a little about yourself and what you're interested in. Tell us about the music you like to make and listen to.

Old 22-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
hinterlands
Learning The Ropes
hinterlands is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Icon7 Greetings from a country between the borders!

So... uh... I guess this is where people introduce themselves and whatnot? Well then, since I just registered I suppose I should give that a shot. Here we go!

I've been lurking around this forum for a bit now, and you guys seem like a fairly laid back and interesting group. I'm starting to really dig into learning music production these days, so I figured I might as well join. I listen to a bit of everything, electronica and otherwise, with the exception of Lolicore... I learned about that via these forums and will never forgive those involved for it.

Anyways... moving on. As far as producing, I'm mostly looking to do DnB/Dubstep/other break beat based styles and am learning in Ableton. I have a love of genre-blending/genre-bending styles, in particular mixing classical and traditional styles of music from all over the world into modern styles of music and have a bunch of ideas to incorporate all types of sounds into the music I hope to make. I'm also thinking about starting a blog to keep notes on my learning process, and hopefully be able to give something back to people even newer to this than I am. Or something like that.

Well then, I guess that's all the relevant info about me. How are all of you fine folks doing this equally fine evening?

Advertisements

hinterlands is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: Greetings from a country between the borders!

Nice to meet you!

I'm kind of a new joiner too. I thought this would be a good way to discuss electronic music and get production tips. My introduction thread got ignored, haha.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7010
Re: Greetings from a country between the borders!

Sounds good, I too have recently just started playing around with Ableton 9 for the first time ever. It frustrates me though after having used Cubase since 2004. I've wanted to get my head around it for a while though now as many others seem to recommend this and it will make collaborating easier for people who use that. I have a friend who is local to me and wants to collab but uses FLStudio. Instead of us messing about with audio and bouncing tracks down, we both decided to look into Ableton, so I got it. It was toss up between that and upgrading Cubase to 7 from 4.

Advertisements

------------------
Our newest UK DnB Mix Show hosted by Hush & Multi

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote