wavetables
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 17-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Mcloud123
Learning The Ropes
Mcloud123 is currently spamming hard
London
MC Status: 10
wavetables

Hi, currently listening to the newish popular sub-genre 'future house'. These strong metallic plucks with high air ends are some of the best sound i have heard but having trouble pinpointing which wave tables are good foundations for such sounds.
Cheers

Examples:
Funkin Matt - Elephant
Funkin Matt - Rapture

Last edited by Mcloud123; 17-07-2016 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: give examples

Advertisements

Mcloud123 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Funkin Matt - Elephant
Old 17-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117360
Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,372 Posts
Re: wavetables

first thing on youtube, sounds identical, took 1 minute to find.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
Jaded (18-07-2016)
Old 17-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
Mcloud123
Learning The Ropes
London

Hey, thanks for the reply but i already knew all of that, its not particularly challenging as the synths are relatively simple.The main problem i have is more of the finesse of the sounds for instances i have been playing around with adding a lfo programmed with noise to the pitch, renounce of the filter and getting good results. I was wondering if anyone had something extra to add ,maybe something interesting you can do with the wave tables to take it a step further.
Thanks
Old 18-07-2016, 02:29 AM   #4
Knob Twiddler
666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute
#Quit IDMf
MC Status: 7010

If you have it the way you like it for the most part, what crucial piece of information are you looking for?

I don't have whatever it is, but I'm still curious

------------------
666 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 03:14 AM   #5
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52460
Thanked 1,049 Times in 774 Posts

Be happy to help. Fate would have it, I already have the resource for you:[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
Jaded (18-07-2016)
Old 18-07-2016, 05:01 AM   #6
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903759
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,114 Posts

Synths have a lot of knobs to turn and buttons to push. Maybe try doing that for a bit and seeing what happens.

Man I'm glad there was no YouTube and shit when I was first learning synthesis. I think it would be incredibly boring to never adjust a parameter unless some random internet dude told you to...
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 05:55 AM   #7
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14660

Not nice guys !
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #8
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Synths have a lot of knobs to turn and buttons to push.
Man, you forgot sliders. Sliders are the worst. Up or down, I can never decide.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 06:23 PM   #9
Mcloud123
Learning The Ropes
London

okay well thanks for your help...
Old 19-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcloud123 View Post
okay well thanks for your help...
The problem is we don't even have any idea what you're asking. The question in the first post is different from your second one. The first one is impossible to answer since different wavetable synths name their wavetables differently, so all we can say is "wavetables that sound metallic, LUL". The second one is way too large of a topic and you really need to narrow it down. If you just want generic sound design advice, search YouTube for Massive/Serum tutorials I guess.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #11
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20060

there like a millkion future hpuse flps on youtube anyway granted 95 percent arte shit but the 5 percent youll find are quite good tbh.

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote