Funker Vogt?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Deformat
Regular Freak
Deformat is on a distinguished road
Bucharest
MC Status: 10
Funker Vogt?

Yeah, curious if some people around here know the Funker Vogt band.

I especially love one The State within

Last edited by Deformat; 02-20-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Advertisements

Deformat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Automageddon
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269393058
Thanked 1,389 Times in 977 Posts
Re: Funker Vogt?

I quite liked them, but at the moment I couldn't say what was my favourite album...

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
Wetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MC
jVs
MC Status: 105286589

Hmmm, Navagator was pretty fucking cool. Tragic Hero is a great song that imo makes it stand out, and Vorwarts, another good one on that Album, so yeah, im going with Navagator.

------------------
Wetty Bhite is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
cyclops
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255269627

i don't mind Funker Vogt, but it does have a tendency to all sound the same after awhile.
as a doctor of music, i recommend it be taken in small and infrequent doses, and never on an empty stomach.

------------------

cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to cyclops
Wetty Bhite (05-20-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
kaltesHerz
Granular Poster
kaltesHerz will become famous soon enough
Maine
MC Status: 60

I loved funker Vogt when I was first getting into electronic music, especially navigator. I really liked "red queen" and "no tomorrow". But it gets really monotonous after a while so its hard to listen to a whole album these days. Good stuff though.

------------------
kaltesHerz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Gotthavok
Soundwave Mangler
Gotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MC
Edmonton
MC Status: 526855

one of the earliest EBM bands i ever got into, Red queen and the IoC remix of History are my personal favourites, but yes they are famous for writing the same song with different lyrics a lot of the time unfortunately

Last edited by Gotthavok; 03-06-2012 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: added space
Gotthavok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Automageddon
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269393058
Thanked 1,389 Times in 977 Posts

I loved this track from Maschine Zeit

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #8
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
z33kerz will become famous soon enoughz33kerz will become famous soon enough
Ohio
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deformat View Post
Yeah, curious if some people around here know the Funker Vogt band.

I especially love one The State within
Hey, I'm new. I love Funker Vogt! They're great.
z33kerz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #9
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
Wetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MCWetty Bhite is a savage MC
jVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
i don't mind Funker Vogt, but it does have a tendency to all sound the same after awhile.
as a doctor of music, i recommend it be taken in small and infrequent doses, and never on an empty stomach.
This is true, and as much as I hate to admit it...The same can be said for the entire EBM movement as of today. I mean as oontz as it may be, its hard to differentiate between the likes of Wumpscut and Suicide Commando, and the likes of such.

------------------
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #10
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon Vhon Skream View Post
This is true, and as much as I hate to admit it...The same can be said for the entire EBM movement as of today. I mean as oontz as it may be, its hard to differentiate between the likes of Wumpscut and Suicide Commando, and the likes of such.
I have to agree - but only a bit; possibly a bias for my electro addiction, lol. I like older EBM and some new EBM. But then again, if it all starts sounding the same, I switch to some metal or rock, depending. I'm always returning to EBM, regardless - I'm addicted to those synths.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #11
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
jVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by z33kerz View Post
I have to agree - but only a bit; possibly a bias for my electro addiction, lol. I like older EBM and some new EBM. But then again, if it all starts sounding the same, I switch to some metal or rock, depending. I'm always returning to EBM, regardless - I'm addicted to those synths.
IMHO when I think of EBM, I think of Container 90, Front 242, Strum Cafe and the list goes on...and I think this because of the diversity in their sound design. I should also mention Dupont as well.

------------------
Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
Ohio

Quote:
IMHO when I think of EBM, I think of Container 90, Front 242, Strum Cafe and the list goes on...and I think this because of the diversity in their sound design. I should also mention Dupont as well.
All of those are so much love. Glad to see another person who loves'em! (Especially Front 242.)
Old 05-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #13
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
jVs

Quote:
All of those are so much love. Glad to see another person who loves'em! (Especially Front 242.)
There are actually quite a number of "Industrialites" on the forum, and they are quite the amazing bunch. (except Cyclops.. he will go along with anything as long as there are promises of butt rape involved.)

------------------
Old 05-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #14
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
Ohio

Quote:
There are actually quite a number of "Industrialites" on the forum, and they are quite the amazing bunch. (except Cyclops.. he will go along with anything as long as there are promises of butt rape involved.)
Ahh, I see. I'm terribly new here. I usually don't use forums, either. However, I'm glad there are more industrialites (never heard this one, heh) here! I'm glad I joined. This place is laid back and comfortable so far.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #15
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
jVs

Quote:
Ahh, I see. I'm terribly new here. I usually don't use forums, either. However, I'm glad there are more industrialites (never heard this one, heh) here! I'm glad I joined. This place is laid back and comfortable so far.
I only use "industrialites" because the term "rivethead" gets thrown around so loosely these days. Its very laxed as long as you read the rules and refrain from penis pictures.

------------------
Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #16
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
Ohio

Quote:
I only use "industrialites" because the term "rivethead" gets thrown around so loosely these days. Its very laxed as long as you read the rules and refrain from penis pictures.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. Thanks for the tip, lol. But the latter made me giggle. Are you serious? I'm so newbish when it comes to forums... Haven't been on any in years(?). ...Or this much. It's addicting, I'll say that much.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #17
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
jVs

Quote:
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. Thanks for the tip, lol. But the latter made me giggle. Are you serious? I'm so newbish when it comes to forums... Haven't been on any in years(?). ...Or this much. It's addicting, I'll say that much.
I am VERY SERIOUS about what I just said. Not just the last part, but all of it. I should probably mention that one word replies are looked down upon by mods and members alike. What material are you currently working on if I may ask?

------------------
Old 05-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #18
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
Ohio

Quote:
I am VERY SERIOUS about what I just said. Not just the last part, but all of it. I should probably mention that one word replies are looked down upon by mods and members alike. What material are you currently working on if I may ask?
I mean .. people actually ... post that kind of thing? (Do not want.)

I try to make lengthy replies. I also read one-sentence threads are not approved of. So I will try my best to make detailed responses! It won't be too hard to accomplish, I ramble. (Sorry about that...)

I am not only new to these forums, but music producing as well. I never took music theory, so I need to learn on my own for that. ^^; I use FL Studio (even if I should look up more tutorials) ... Erm, to the point:

I work on electronic-based music, since I don't like guitars as much. You can thank the synthesizer/keyboard addiction for that. (Or perhaps it is a bias?) I make short tracks for now, seeing as how I don't understand sequencing well - or music theory... or anything. I just study how many times a beat (?) is repeated in a song, how long intros are, etc. etc., until I learn more! It's fun and a hobby, but will not be my career. I'm going to attend college soon and pursue computer technology in NET+/CCNA and A+ security... even if my dream job is to program OS (Operating Systems). I'll have to be a Network Administrator first, though. College is expensive after all, and Network Admins being one of the top 10 jobs wanted globally ... I think I'll have enough to afford ITT Technical Institute after my first round of college via the Community College. /rambling

I also sing often, but I don't really do choir (like at a Church, I suppose) or things of the like. I'm not even sure if I can sing well, to be honest. People have heard me do covers or practice my own lyrics and said I was good, but they're mostly friends. Friends will say "yeah, that's great!" since a 'white lie' (when in reality, it is critiquing to me) "isn't right of them"; lol. Regardless, I just do my thing. I love writing lyrics and I don't have a partner in the music producing 'world'. (I work solo since no one seems to want to work with me... yet! (?))

Sorry for the rambling, lol.
Thanks to z33kerz
Wetty Bhite (05-20-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #19
Wetty Bhite
Sound Strangler
jVs

Quote:
I mean .. people actually ... post that kind of thing? (Do not want.)

I try to make lengthy replies. I also read one-sentence threads are not approved of. So I will try my best to make detailed responses! It won't be too hard to accomplish, I ramble. (Sorry about that...)

I am not only new to these forums, but music producing as well. I never took music theory, so I need to learn on my own for that. ^^; I use FL Studio (even if I should look up more tutorials) ... Erm, to the point:

I work on electronic-based music, since I don't like guitars as much. You can thank the synthesizer/keyboard addiction for that. (Or perhaps it is a bias?) I make short tracks for now, seeing as how I don't understand sequencing well - or music theory... or anything. I just study how many times a beat (?) is repeated in a song, how long intros are, etc. etc., until I learn more! It's fun and a hobby, but will not be my career. I'm going to attend college soon and pursue computer technology in NET+/CCNA and A+ security... even if my dream job is to program OS (Operating Systems). I'll have to be a Network Administrator first, though. College is expensive after all, and Network Admins being one of the top 10 jobs wanted globally ... I think I'll have enough to afford ITT Technical Institute after my first round of college via the Community College. /rambling

I also sing often, but I don't really do choir (like at a Church, I suppose) or things of the like. I'm not even sure if I can sing well, to be honest. People have heard me do covers or practice my own lyrics and said I was good, but they're mostly friends. Friends will say "yeah, that's great!" since a 'white lie' (when in reality, it is critiquing to me) "isn't right of them"; lol. Regardless, I just do my thing. I love writing lyrics and I don't have a partner in the music producing 'world'. (I work solo since no one seems to want to work with me... yet! (?))

Sorry for the rambling, lol.
The most beautiful aspect of this forum in terms of production is that you don't have to be an uber genius about music or your approach. This is a top notch place to learn how to better yourself as a musician (credit worthy in my opinion) and you will find that forum members will get behind and encourage you. All in all, its very much informative.

------------------
Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #20
z33kerz
Minor Glitch
Ohio
Icon14 Re: Funker Vogt?

Quote:
The most beautiful aspect of this forum in terms of production is that you don't have to be an uber genius about music or your approach. This is a top notch place to learn how to better yourself as a musician (credit worthy in my opinion) and you will find that forum members will get behind and encourage you. All in all, its very much informative.
I'm glad people here aren't über elite, too! Everyone is so nice I'm just in awe right now.

I can't wait to learn more! Thanks for taking the time to reply to me! Like everyone else here. I'm über happy I joined!!!

Advertisements

Thanks to z33kerz
Wetty Bhite (05-20-2012)