[Chill/Trip-Hop?] Korso - Zoned Out
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 18-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647
[Chill/Trip-Hop?] Korso - Zoned Out

Made this 2 days ago in like a 3h session or something like that. Was feeling the chill vibe Enjoy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chill/Trip-Hop?] Korso - Zoned Out.
Old 20-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Analog Lurker
Inna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: [Chill/Trip-Hop?] Korso - Zoned Out

Thanks, bro! I'm in nirvana. Perfect for relax and meditation.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388199
Thanked 5,084 Times in 3,315 Posts

Thoroughly enjoyed the heavy beat and bass underlying the chillout here. Very '90s style chillout here. Good work

Spiderman Homecoming just arrived this second so I'm out of here now <waves>

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the heavy beat and bass underlying the chillout here. Very '90s style chillout here. Good work

Spiderman Homecoming just arrived this second so I'm out of here now <waves>
Haha thanks, that is what I was going for

------------------
Old 26-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #5
Pr?m
Minor Glitch
Pr?m has a spectacular aura aboutPr?m has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I think you definitely captured that chill atmosphere and I’m liking the vibes. Sounds really good when the drums came back around the 3:00 mark too. As far as critiques I don’t have much, j think the section from about 2:00 -3:00 dragged a tiny bit so it would have been cool to hear another instrument in there in the mid-highs.
Pr?m is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #6
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996296

I like the track and concept itself, but the mix sounds a little muffled in the high end on my monitors (relative to the line up of music I am listening to this morning). Could be the mastering or the SC render, but I thought it worth watching. Take that feedback with a grain of salt. This is definitely beautiful chillout.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:10 AM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540830
Thanked 6,998 Times in 4,973 Posts

Interesting choice with the pulsing LFO to filter cutoff synth in the background kind of pulsing and holding things down throughout the song. I think it could maybe do with some parallel layers with modulated FX. I kind of want a tad more punch/attack on the bass maybe? Not sure.

Honestly I'm being nitpicky because I like this a lot. The sitar like sound is a great touch here. Spun out record/needle noise in the back ground is cool too.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #8
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Beertown

Haha thanks guys, I see what you mean. I've been in that vibe with songs recently, and as a general note for all the tracks, what you said here actually applies and I agree. I'll be spending more time on them haha.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, haha, that's rain and fire crackling. Took a page out of the Burial book. The non synth sounds in there are all samples I recorded. I usually walk around for an hour before making a track, recording random sounds in the street for perks and stuff

------------------
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #9
poets
Microknight
poets will become famous soon enough
cheshire
MC Status: 75

Really impressive you did this in a few hours mate. Previous stuff has taken me a month, now I'm down to around a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post
I usually walk around for an hour before making a track, recording random sounds in the street for perks and stuff
Cool - out of interest what do you record on?

Advertisements

poets is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote