[Electronica / Melodic] lucky one - Resist
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
lucky one
IDMf Artist
lucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MC
Liège
MC Status: 1900328
[Electronica / Melodic] lucky one - Resist

Hi all!

I was completely unable to finish a track during more than 9 month, but I finally went past this annoying period, I'm so happy

I managed to finish a track and I quite like it, but I would need your comments to improve it.
Do you have ideas to improve the composition, arrangement, and mix???

As the title suggest, I was inspired by the way the world is currently going crazy, all around us

Thanks!

Luc

PS: free mp3 320kbps download!

Advertisements

------------------
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
lucky one is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronica / Melodic] lucky one - Resist.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
PeteVai
Analog Lurker
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160
Re: [Electronica / Melodic] lucky one - Resist

I don't know why there's no feedback on this one yet, probably one of the most solid beats here in this week.

Great progression, really good sound selection and I love the structure, the track takes its time to breathe and release.

Usually I would ask for more low end, but I don't want the melodies to lose their power, as they are amazing.

Keep it up mate!

------------------
PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky one View Post
Hi all!

I was completely unable to finish a track during more than 9 month, but I finally went past this annoying period, I'm so happy

I managed to finish a track and I quite like it, but I would need your comments to improve it.
Do you have ideas to improve the composition, arrangement, and mix???

As the title suggest, I was inspired by the way the world is currently going crazy, all around us

Thanks!

Luc

PS: free mp3 320kbps download!
Really cool track man. If I may, what was your process with getting the vocoder sounding like that

tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
lucky one
IDMf Artist
lucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MC
Liège

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteVai View Post
I don't know why there's no feedback on this one yet, probably one of the most solid beats here in this week.

Great progression, really good sound selection and I love the structure, the track takes its time to breathe and release.

Usually I would ask for more low end, but I don't want the melodies to lose their power, as they are amazing.

Keep it up mate!
Very cool, thank you for the feedback PeteVai. Especially on the arrangement, I'm still not sure if the arrangement sounds natural and fluent. I'm happy to hear that it "takes its time to breathe and release".

Thanks,

Luc

------------------
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
Old 14-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
lucky one
IDMf Artist
Liège

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Really cool track man. If I may, what was your process with getting the vocoder sounding like that
Thanks tristcarmichael!

About the vocoder sound, here is the recipe I used.

- I use the Ableton Live vocoder
- As carrier, I use the sound of an analog synth. It's the Elektron Analog Keys, playing the melody as unison. I use a custom patch with almost no cutoff
- the voice is synthesized using the free vst Alter/Ego
- on the effect chain I have a PSP Vintage Warmer, A Valhalla Vintage Verb, and a fabfilter Pro-Q2

I think the elements that really does the job are the Ableton vocoder and the Elektron analog synth.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Luc

------------------
Old 15-11-2017, 12:57 AM   #6
SoloSaga
Sample Destroyer
SoloSaga will become famous soon enough
Ohio
MC Status: 60

Man...very nice job. That break at 1:09 and then when it comes back in at 1:25 is stellar. Really like what you have here.

------------------
SoloSaga is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSaga View Post
Man...very nice job. That break at 1:09 and then when it comes back in at 1:25 is stellar. Really like what you have here.
Agree! It was this moment that caught me, too. And I like the general ambience of the track and the vocal part.
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #8
lucky one
IDMf Artist
Liège

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSaga View Post
Awesome, thank you for the feedback SoloSaga and Adelina.
I was about to ditch that part because it was feeling too empty to me.

So I left the part as is in this new version thanks to your comments. I just added a small sound (with exponential rytthm) to fill the emptiness that bothers me.
I hope it do not kill the magic of the break

Cheers,

Luc

------------------
Old 30-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #9
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky one View Post
Awesome, thank you for the feedback SoloSaga and Adelina.
I was about to ditch that part because it was feeling too empty to me.

So I left the part as is in this new version thanks to your comments. I just added a small sound (with exponential rytthm) to fill the emptiness that bothers me.
I hope it do not kill the magic of the break

Cheers,

Luc

Yes, it only became more magical with these ringing sounds. I wanted Christmas
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #10
ChrisJansen
Granular Poster
ChrisJansen has a spectacular aura aboutChrisJansen has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 161

Mate, first few seconds I had no idea what to expect then suddenly it opens up into this soundscape that pulls me right in.

Loving the melody that begins early on and just sort of carries you into a real nice build to drop.

Completely different kind of thing to what I'd ever listen to but I am glad I've checked this out. Inspired me to be fair.

Loving the little 'daft punk' style type arp that breaks in as well.

2:30+ really like the way it breaks, nice and clear. Movement and energy is still there.

Really awesome. Agreed with some of the other comments that it is one of the much better tracks I've heard from amateurs recently

(Would love your FB [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
)
ChrisJansen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #11
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996296

As is par, this is delicious. Really like the sound design and overall mix. Very easy listen/progression this Monday morning. Nicely done.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 AM   #12
lucky one
IDMf Artist
Liège

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyspoon View Post
As is par, this is delicious. Really like the sound design and overall mix. Very easy listen/progression this Monday morning. Nicely done.
Thanks Jazzyspoon and ChrisJansenn for your awesome feedback and the share, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Luc

Advertisements

------------------