[Techstep/Hard Electronica] Solid No More - ?state
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
[Techstep/Hard Electronica] Solid No More - ?state

Hello friends!

I've been trying to make a track with big sexy bass variations and I don't think I was totally successful here but I still think it stands up reasonably well as a track, I'd love to know what you think!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 04-12-2017 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techstep/Hard Electronica] Solid No More - ?state.
Old 21-12-2017, 03:51 AM   #2
Vault O)))
Anal Cunt fanclub bonerbonerbonerbonerboner boner
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
St. Augustine
MC Status: 54160
Thanked 1,083 Times in 712 Posts
Re: [Techstep/Hard Electronica] Solid No More - ?state

Holy fucking shit. You're on Tipper's wavelength with this one. Something about 0:38 to about 0:57 gels terribly with my ears (and again at around 1:34). I think it's that stuttering pad clashing with the main melody in a terrible way (I'm using frank terminology here because I'm madly in love with 99% of this track and am literally being blown away as we speak, so I mean no offense).

2:23 is a whole new layer into raw frequency fuckery that is pretty face-melting. The vocal / talking chops that come in and out really enhance the emotional impact somehow. The outro follows a similar theme - delving into almost insanity before it vanishes off in to thin air. It almost demands a second listen by the way that it ends, it's like it's lacking just enough to make you want more.

I don't know, man. Aside from the two parts I mentioned, you blew me the fuck away. This is one of the most insane tracks I've heard in a long time. I can't believe this got overlooked for 17 days, this needs moar listeners.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
Dudewill
Master of the LFO
Dudewill will become famous soon enoughDudewill will become famous soon enough
The land of the drunk
MC Status: 110
Re: [Techstep/Hard Electronica] Solid No More - ?state

This is proper gnarly! (That doesn't sound right. I'm not Brithish ) What can I say, this is awesome. It definitely doesn't leave you bored but keeps you on the edge, surprising you constantly. Are you done with the mixing yet? I don't have the biggest speakers, but when referencing against Noisia, for example, your mix could use more attack on the transients and a more solid sub bass and stereo image. Maybe some parallel compression together with upwards compression, along with a slight sub bass boost and a stereo imager for the biggest synths? Just throwing out some of the faster ways to make the mix more flashy. Nonetheless, amazing work so far!

Advertisements

------------------
Dudewill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote