[ House / EDM ] SHM & Laidback Luke - Leave The World Behind (Remix) UPDATE
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
ChrisJansen
Granular Poster
ChrisJansen has a spectacular aura aboutChrisJansen has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 161
Icon12 [ House / EDM ] SHM & Laidback Luke - Leave The World Behind (Remix) UPDATE

So I've moved a long a little with this track.

Would love feedback in it's current direction.

Ideas, criticisms, etc.

It's not finished but there is a lot of bulk to it now.

Advertisements

ChrisJansen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [ House / EDM ] SHM & Laidback Luke - Leave The World Behind (Remix) UPDATE.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710
Re: [ House / EDM ] SHM & Laidback Luke - Leave The World Behind (Remix) UPDATE

A lot of this is subjective because it's very different from my workflow and creative process so my criticism my not be helpful for what you are wanting to make.

You're doing a good job building tension though much slower than I personally would, but the release of the tension has been a little confusing. Most of the time it just led back to the main pattern. There was one moment at 3:58 where you had a good idea for releasing the tension, but it felt a little underwhelming to me.

The track is plenty serviceable however and only that one section was jarring. Your beat, instruments, and vocals fit together well. I'd turn the vocals down a bit so they can fit in the mix a little more organically. Good job though!
Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662
Re: [ House / EDM ] SHM & Laidback Luke - Leave The World Behind (Remix) UPDATE

I kind of agree with Treyt0r in that you build tension and there is no real release for the tension.. However that is a certain style that I have observed in the tech house scene in 2009-ish era so if you want to go for that by all means.

Another thing irked me somewhat and that is the lower end of the mix. It feels kind of lacking. There are probably many ways to fix it (if you wish to) but the one that popped into my mind was a more bass-heavy kick drum, possibly even with a little bit of a subbass tail.

Other than that it feels very well done and has good production quality.

Advertisements

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote