[Electro/Soundtrack] Treyt0r - Steps
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-12-2017, 05:13 AM   #1
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710
Icon4 [Electro/Soundtrack] Treyt0r - Steps

Hey I have not been here in a while because I've been dicking around in Australia and have changed my focus to film scoring and stuff. Anyway, here's something I've been working on and just finished the creative process with. I've done no mixing or processing whatsoever.

All feedback is welcome but specifically I will be looking for opinions on:
  • How do the instruments sound? Are some pleasing? Annoying? Why?
  • Does the track follow a logical progression? Does it need to be rearranged? Does it need a logical progression?
  • What parts are boring if any?
Thanks

Last edited by Treyt0r; 03-12-2017 at 05:29 AM..

Advertisements

Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro/Soundtrack] Treyt0r - Steps.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
ChrisJansen
Granular Poster
ChrisJansen has a spectacular aura aboutChrisJansen has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 161
Re: [Electro/Soundtrack] Treyt0r - Steps

How do the instruments sound? Are some pleasing? Annoying? Why?

For the style of the track, I think the majority of the sounds work well together. I am maybe a little unsure about the kick drum, I feel it sits a little separate from the rest of the track.

It's all quite industrial

Does the track follow a logical progression? Does it need to be rearranged? Does it need a logical progression?

I don't think it needs a logical progression but at the moment, the progressions that are there don't create enough tension or anticipation for the next piece, or part.

It's always quite busy if you know what I mean ?
I'd add a little more room to breath. Just like 2:30+

That works an absolute treat.

What parts are boring if any?

Just felt there should be a larger break somewhere before that 2:30 as well as there's a lot of energy which is continuously driving at a very similar pace and intensity.

Very different track though, something that has made me look at things from a different perspective!
Will be interesting to see you progress with this style and refine it!

Would love your FB [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
ChrisJansen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #3
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJansen View Post
"..the progressions that are there don't create enough tension or anticipation.."

"It's always quite busy if you know what I mean ?.."

"..felt there should be a larger break somewhere before that 2:30..."
Thanks for you feedback. So it seems like the main issue with this track is that most of the sections switch to other sections without enough tension or anticipation and you don't get acclimated enough to each section.

So perhaps a potential fix would be as you say, letting the sections breathe a bit and expanding them. Also perhaps making the transitions a little more lengthy and deliberate could help them flow more naturally. It's definitely a very busy track.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:48 AM   #4
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Sydney

Bumping for some more constructive feedback.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

The arrangement itself is pretty solid. Sound design is superb despite the lack of mixing. Would make a great soundtrack for some dark gritty sci-fi film.

imo the track could use some more build ups and breaks in between the sections.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
The arrangement itself is pretty solid. Sound design is superb despite the lack of mixing. Would make a great soundtrack for some dark gritty sci-fi film.

imo the track could use some more build ups and breaks in between the sections.
Have you published this track before? He seems unfamiliar, I seem to comment, I really like the melody.

Advertisements

Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote