[Breaks IDM]-NOWFEEL-Breaks IDM WIP
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260
[Breaks IDM]-NOWFEEL-Breaks IDM WIP

This is a WIP not mixed in the slightest. My friend who I usually bounce Ideas off of is living the married life and I don't get his input nearly enough these days when I'm in the writing stage. So, wonderful people of the IDMf I need your help. What do you think of the composition ? What can I cut out and what should i focus on to make it better. Any guidance would be a great help!
bleh

Last edited by strangerflesh; 22-08-2017 at 11:43 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Breaks IDM]-NOWFEEL-Breaks IDM WIP.
Old 21-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
Re: [Breaks IDM]-NOWFEEL-Breaks IDM WIP

Help a brother out?

Last edited by strangerflesh; 22-08-2017 at 11:43 PM..

------------------
Old 22-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

One last try any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I made the song public...

------------------
Old 23-08-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

Pretty fun track overall!

That intro is pretty simple.. and I feel is begging for a little foley or some sort of crowd dialouge to be mixed in behind it... this will hopefully give you a little mid range there.

When the strings come in, maybe automate the other instrumentation down a few dbs. That way we will get to hear them a little more.

When the same applies at about 1.31 ... my ear really wants to hear everything fall back while the pads, and the drum breaks are doin their thang!

I listened to this on both computer speakers, and monitors and felt as if i wanted to hear a few things maybe panned and only the "Main drum patterns", plucks to be in the center of the mix.

Thanks for sharing.
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 03:48 AM   #5
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
Pretty fun track overall!

That intro is pretty simple.. and I feel is begging for a little foley or some sort of crowd dialouge to be mixed in behind it... this will hopefully give you a little mid range there.

When the strings come in, maybe automate the other instrumentation down a few dbs. That way we will get to hear them a little more.

When the same applies at about 1.31 ... my ear really wants to hear everything fall back while the pads, and the drum breaks are doin their thang!

I listened to this on both computer speakers, and monitors and felt as if i wanted to hear a few things maybe panned and only the "Main drum patterns", plucks to be in the center of the mix.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback !!! I can agree with everything you said . I haven't even begun mixing so when I do I will definitely keep what you said in mind , good ideas! I'm wondering if there's anything I can cut out to shorten the track or if the end is climatic enough ? Either way , thanks for the insight

------------------
Old 05-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
SaneTBP
Minor Glitch
SaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to all
Espoo
MC Status: 560

Absolutely lovely! I don't have much constructive to say to be honest. I love the sound, the transistions are super smooth and there's a great attention to detail that makes the song sound super alive. There's a lot of different elements meticulously stacked together, but it doesn't feel as dense as it is. Seriously amazing job!
SaneTBP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #7
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 360

Yeah I agree too. I loved the track.Bit of automation in some places is not a bad thing. Personally for me, I would of brought the shaker down just a tad but thats just my taste

tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
Winnipeg

Thanks for the feedback people, I totally forgot about this tune! I just updated an updated version of it , Thanks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 07-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #9
KnobGobllin
IDMf's latest spammer
KnobGobllin will become famous soon enoughKnobGobllin will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Nice track. Mix is lush and punchy. Very musical. Glitches throughout are very tasteful. Very nice juxtapositions
KnobGobllin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #10
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Its perfect very enjoyable

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote