(Avant-garde/halftime/fvckgnr!) vMc - Geometric (w.i.p.)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-10-2017, 04:00 AM   #1
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
(Avant-garde/halftime/fvckgnr!) vMc - Geometric (w.i.p.)

Few days of working on this 1! Enjoy the preview!

Updated

Last edited by tvmcc; 29-10-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to tvmcc
Daggit (31-10-2017)
Rate this track - (Avant-garde/halftime/fvckgnr!) vMc - Geometric (w.i.p.).
Old 21-10-2017, 04:17 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts
Re: (Avant-garde/halftime/fvckgnr!) vMc - Geometric (w.i.p.)

Dude, that's a great track..seriously. You've got a nice blend of styles going and the way you've used different tones and sounds in that mix is pretty cool, too.

Having said all that, I just want to run something by you..and I know it might sound crazy a hell at first, but please give it a try and see what you think. Basically run a VERY SLIGHT reverb over the whole track..like put it on your master bus and apply it to EVERYTHING at once. Not much..just a little..have a play with it and you'll see what I mean..just enough to color it.

I know it's often said you should never put reverb on drums, but I'm not one who personally sees rules as things that need to be followed..more like guidelines you should take on board while producing. It this case I think putting reverb on the entire track would actually make it better than it is, giving it a bigger sense of space and adding to the atmosphere of the piece.

If you do, please post it up here..as I would have done it myself, but you didn't turn on the download feature on the track..and I don't rip other folks stuff..I'm funny that way.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 04:56 AM   #3
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Dude, that's a great track..seriously. You've got a nice blend of styles going and the way you've used different tones and sounds in that mix is pretty cool, too.

Having said all that, I just want to run something by you..and I know it might sound crazy a hell at first, but please give it a try and see what you think. Basically run a VERY SLIGHT reverb over the whole track..like put it on your master bus and apply it to EVERYTHING at once. Not much..just a little..have a play with it and you'll see what I mean..just enough to color it.

I know it's often said you should never put reverb on drums, but I'm not one who personally sees rules as things that need to be followed..more like guidelines you should take on board while producing. It this case I think putting reverb on the entire track would actually make it better than it is, giving it a bigger sense of space and adding to the atmosphere of the piece.

If you do, please post it up here..as I would have done it myself, but you didn't turn on the download feature on the track..and I don't rip other folks stuff..I'm funny that way.
LMAO! If you had downloaded it, it would be fine! It's just not done yet, sorry! But thanks so much for the flattery! As for your ideal on the Mix Bus? Yeah I will definitely have a room/mix verb, and send the mass majority to it, but I need to get a few more things clear, work on glitching out some other sections, and give my ears a break from this 1!

I truly posted it up hoping to get some ideals, and am grateful you enjoyed it and had some!

Old 21-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Nikorasu
Minor Glitch
Nikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

wow this is wild lol. Nice assortment of sounds. Think you did a great job here!

Intro definitely my favorite part.

with that being said, in my own humble thoughts, idk, it just sounded like the build at about 0:35 become a bit anticlimactic as the track really slows down for a bit after that, then doesn't pick back up until 1:02. I'm not totally sure what you are going for and once again just my own thoughts. But once again, well done!

Cheers
Nikorasu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikorasu View Post
wow this is wild lol. Nice assortment of sounds. Think you did a great job here!

Intro definitely my favorite part.

with that being said, in my own humble thoughts, idk, it just sounded like the build at about 0:35 become a bit anticlimactic as the track really slows down for a bit after that, then doesn't pick back up until 1:02. I'm not totally sure what you are going for and once again just my own thoughts. But once again, well done!

Cheers
Thanks.

I'll work on the section mentioned. i think I intended to do some sort of fx's there, but either got lazy or just wanted to share and get fresh ears on the arrangement.

So glad I've posted this, and that you've added some input.
Old 29-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Added a few elements, worked on the mix.
Old 31-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #7
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

Hey, tvmcc, it sounds nice!

It's really cool to be hearing music that doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard before anywhere else.

I like the beginning and the ending a lot. Personally, I'm glad you didn't whitewash it with reverb. I almost despise reverb. I've heard a lot of tunes and albums and synth presets that were totally ruined by reverb. There's nothing wrong with close and in your face. Automated reverb for quick on and then off, yeah maybe. But I don't miss reverb when it's gone.

The track has a nice bite to it. I think if it got washed with reverb it wouldn't sound right anymore.

My only complaint is that the title doesn't do much to imply how much fun the track really is.
Peace be with you, thanks for the listening experience.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts

Sounds cool, though I wish you'd left the original up, too, so we could compare them side-by-side..as it is, it's kinda hard to remember what was there before and what's new.

That said, it's still a pretty tight mix and there certainly enough going on in there to keep the listener's attention..so good job over all..it's certainly another step in the right direction.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
Hey, tvmcc, it sounds nice!

It's really cool to be hearing music that doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard before anywhere else.

I like the beginning and the ending a lot. Personally, I'm glad you didn't whitewash it with reverb. I almost despise reverb. I've heard a lot of tunes and albums and synth presets that were totally ruined by reverb. There's nothing wrong with close and in your face. Automated reverb for quick on and then off, yeah maybe. But I don't miss reverb when it's gone.

The track has a nice bite to it. I think if it got washed with reverb it wouldn't sound right anymore.

My only complaint is that the title doesn't do much to imply how much fun the track really is.
Peace be with you, thanks for the listening experience.
Hey Daggit,

Thanks! I suppose Geometry is rather boring! =( Always open to suggestions, thanks for the insight.

Your more than welcome, and be on the lookout i'll post a few more previews soon!

Quote:
Today 12:38 AM
A.M
Sounds cool, though I wish you'd left the original up, too, so we could compare them side-by-side..as it is, it's kinda hard to remember what was there before and what's new.

That said, it's still a pretty tight mix and there certainly enough going on in there to keep the listener's attention..so good job over all..it's certainly another step in the right direction.
"u requested, so we rewind! come down selectah!" - i.e. I have made it public, and also labeled them both accordingly.

Thanks. We've stepped together so the path has become much clearer along the journey.

Advertisements