Linux: effects, instruments, tutorials, tech, etc. (LV2/LADSPA/DSSI) - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back Ľ The Studio Ľ The Studio
Old 25-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #21
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660
Re: Linux: effects, instruments, tutorials, tech, etc. (LV2/LADSPA/DSSI)

Just discovered zam-plugins while looking for a better distortion effect.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Includes
  • ZamAutoSat - Automatic saturator (mono)
  • ZamComp - Dynamic range compressor (mono)
  • ZamCompX2 - Dynamic range compressor (stereo)
  • ZamEQ2 - Parametric equaliser (mono)
  • ZamGEQ31 - 31 band graphic equaliser (mono)
  • ZamTube - Triode tube amp simulator (mono)
  • ZaMultiComp - Multiband compressor (mono)
  • ZaMultiCompX2 - Multiband compressor (stereo)
If you are using a Debian / Archlinux based machine you can get the plugins off the site or you can find Ubuntu compiled plugins here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #22
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184210
Thanked 3,684 Times in 2,745 Posts

Just read over on KVR that rncbc.org has released Qtractor v0.7.5, their free
audio/MIDI multi-track sequence. - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:44 PM   #23
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute

Free Teufelsberg Reverb plugin. Put the sound of cold war surveillance into your music.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #24
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184210
Thanked 3,684 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL072 View Post
Free Teufelsberg Reverb plugin. Put the sound of cold war surveillance into your music.

Yeah..just saw this over on ambientonline.org and grabbed it. Have yet to put it through its paces, but I@m guessing it's going to be a keeper.

While I'm here..just wondering if you have any take on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
distro? I've been reading both good and bad things about it, but it certainly is interesting if all the good stuff stacks up.

It seems the guy behind it has come up with a piece of software similar to WINE, that lets you run Windows-based programs in Linux..including VSTs, though I haven't tried it myself.

The major drawback with it is the guy is charging between $5 and $20 just to answer each email you send him for support or pre-purchase questions..which seems really crazy. Plus he charges for the above mentioned piece of software, which is basically the only reason you would want to get the distro in the first place.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out from others if it's really as good as the hype indicates or if I should give it a wide sidestep?

Any thoughts / feedback on it?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #25
TL072
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah..just saw this over on ambientonline.org and grabbed it. Have yet to put it through its paces, but I@m guessing it's going to be a keeper.

While I'm here..just wondering if you have any take on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
distro? I've been reading both good and bad things about it, but it certainly is interesting if all the good stuff stacks up.

It seems the guy behind it has come up with a piece of software similar to WINE, that lets you run Windows-based programs in Linux..including VSTs, though I haven't tried it myself.

The major drawback with it is the guy is charging between $5 and $20 just to answer each email you send him for support or pre-purchase questions..which seems really crazy. Plus he charges for the above mentioned piece of software, which is basically the only reason you would want to get the distro in the first place.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out from others if it's really as good as the hype indicates or if I should give it a wide sidestep?

Ah interesting. Had not heard of this so I cannot really add much. Maybe a separate thread might catch someone who know's attention.

As a side note, if you run Reaper through Wine, I seem to recall that I was able to use ordinary VST plugins and Reaper works fairly well under Wine. Sadly, I think to get Jack and whatnot working might require some very weird command-line plumbing. But if VST is what you are looking for (I know it hurts sometimes what does not get compiled for Linux), this may be what you are looking for.
Thanks to TL072
A.M (13-02-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #26
TL072
Master of the LFO

Interesting news for Linux audio:

So basically, vst3 support for Linux. Vsts could previously be compiled for Linux, but I cannot recall whether this was officially supported or not.

In any case, hopefully more vsts will be compiled for linux at the same time as their Mac and Windows counter-parts. I have it in mind to go see if there are some open source vst3 plugin out there and try my hand at compiling.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #27
TL072
Master of the LFO

There is quite a bit of duplication of other stuff posted in this thread, but definitely a lot of obscure utilities and effects and so on:

Also, most of the plugins are organised by categories which may assist in finding what you are looking for.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #28
TL072
Master of the LFO

Although the home page does not have a linux version, the developer has made a linux version of Synister as announced and downloadable from this forum: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It looks like this:

from: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Old 05-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #29
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

Thanks for that update on the new Windows VST bridges and adapters for Linux.
VST support for Linux keeps getting better!

I'm not currently using Linux for my DAW, but I will eventually again, probably.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #30
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post

That sounds like maybe the fork of the Puppy Studio project (discontinued). I'm not sure. You shouldn't have to pay just to try though. That's what put people off of Puppy Studio also.

------------------
Old 29-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #31
Daggit
Master of the LFO

Hey, do any of you guys know how to install Carla in a 64-bit Ubuntu system?

Apparently it's not so easy. I have the files, but I don't know where they go and there's no manual, no guide, no instructions, no tips,... nothing. Just a bunch of files. I tried manually installing them and it still didn't work.

Carla runs, but it's missing the components to discover some types of instruments and effects, including Windows VST(i)'s.

Anybody got any ideas?

------------------
Old 25-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #32
TL072
Master of the LFO

I imagine that most reading any kind of electronic music sites already know about this but check [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Its a Linux, Windows, OSX open-source modular synth engine with new modules being added almost daily:

Advertisements