disk cache overload problem - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 16-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #21
ethertrogg
Analog Lurker
ethertrogg has a spectacular aura aboutethertrogg has a spectacular aura aboutethertrogg has a spectacular aura about
Iowa
MC Status: 210
Re: disk cache overload problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
so i think i figured it out.
i opened an old CPU intense project with no problems, so i was trying to figure out what the difference might be when i realised that for this project i bounced all the tracks at once using cubases batch export option.
it didnt, and still doesnt, make any sense because i dont think it adds any extra info to the file for batch export (at least it doesnt mention it in the manual), but this is the only thing i could think of.
so next i started a new project and put the same amount of roughly the same length tracks, which had not been batch exported, in to a new project. the problem was still non existent.
so i went back to my project which i batch exported my mixdown stems from and bounced them one by one using solo, like i always did before, then started a new project with them.
the project in theory should be exactly the same, but there was no stuttering, only the normal quick spike when i press play.
so it would seem that it was one (or both) of two things. i either had a problem with that project that i am unaware of, or using the batch export caused the problem. im not sure how batch export could do this, but i will not be using it for whole projects any more.
funny thing is i was laughing at myself because i knew batch export existed, but couldnt figure out why i wasnt using it theres a reason it takes a fraction of the time!

it seems to be all good for now so thanks everyone for the help.
hey, glad to hear that you got it working :-)
the only thing I can think of, is up if you're exporting each 1 individually, perhaps it could be spreading things around on the desk somewhere? some of those read errors come from samples and information being stored too far around on the harddrive, so it has to shuttle back and forth how to retrieve everything, and if you can do that fast enough you will have drop outs and lag.
anyways, I'm glad you're up and running again :-) take care

Advertisements

ethertrogg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #22
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024419

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethertrogg View Post
hey, glad to hear that you got it working :-)
the only thing I can think of, is up if you're exporting each 1 individually, perhaps it could be spreading things around on the desk somewhere? some of those read errors come from samples and information being stored too far around on the harddrive, so it has to shuttle back and forth how to retrieve everything, and if you can do that fast enough you will have drop outs and lag.
anyways, I'm glad you're up and running again :-) take care
its when i export each one individually that it works better though, and when i import tracks back in to a project i always make a copy of it in the pools directory.
it could be a one off, i havent tried again since. i will eventually though, but for now, im just going to milk the fact that i havent got a new problem with my computer

thanks for the help.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #23
TVGREEK
IDMf's latest spammer
TVGREEK is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hallo Parricide and everyone. I think that the cache overload problem will totally disappear if you delete some (or all) of the stereo tracks (maybe inserted from a stereo mixdown or a stereo recording) (if you only unmute the tracks the problem will remain). Some DAWs can’t handle right both mono and stereo audio tracks. Please try...

Last edited by TVGREEK; 20-06-2017 at 10:00 PM..
TVGREEK is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #24
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20060

run cubase off your solid state drive and save stuff to an external drive you will never have any issues that way it splits the workload.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 01:14 AM   #25
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024419

dated thread. i cant even rememebr what the issue was

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote