IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Doepfer A 190-2 MIDI/CV Problems
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 02:52 AM   #2
jBam
Radial Developer
jBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud of
Melbourne
MC Status: 1413
Re: Doepfer A 190-2 MIDI/CV Problems

I don't own the unit... Sounds concerning, but often I've found "terrible" situations come down to user error / configuration; and are (fortunately / hopefully) fixed by setting it up properly.

You mention changing jumpers. The A 190-2 can connect to other compatible units via the A100 bus... I'm unsure of whether this works beyond using the A-100 case / bus boards, but it may not. The discussion on the A 190-2 info page (here: http://www.doepfer.de/a1902.htm) suggests that if the jumpers aren't configured properly, then the CV / Gate can short circuit between each other... Sounds remarkably similar to what you're experiencing.

I understand that the problem started before you removed jumpers... but perhaps something is still going on here, because this sounds like the gate / CV is flipping out... And the website basically says "be careful how you set this thing up, because otherwise the gate and cv will flip out"...

Only other thought is power supply. How heavy is your setup - it may not be receiving enough power. Plenty of my gear issues over the years have been solved by upping power or replacing power supplies...

Hit the manual again; or contact Doepfer... post outcomes if you solve the issue for others on the forum too... and hopefully everything gets solved / fixed for you of course!!

Good luck.............

------------------
jBam is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jBam
MonoReaction (15-12-2015)