IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Trent Reznor's Workflow on Year Zero does anyone understand this?
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
steffensen
Regular Freak
steffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond reputesteffensen has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 5620
Re: Trent Reznor's Workflow on Year Zero does anyone understand this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicry View Post
More like parallel processing. You're not really adding any new material.

Also, I was assuming working with just an audio track, so no key-mapping would be needed.

As for the workflow, yes, it would destroy it (: But on the other hand, you can knowingly skip over these things during writing and still have confidence, that if anything goes wrong, you can still use these techniques in the mixing phase.
Parallel is more or less layering tho.
Yea, i get where you're at now, and this is along the way ive worked with for years.
I dont fancy the sound of cutting up a loop/beat etc. I'd rather rec the different sounds on its own then.

This is not how i interpret this technique used by Trent however!
He seems to fancy the approach of getting creative with the results using a more "hands-on" approach.

This falls in to the way im striving to do things more and more, as i get totally different and more creatively triggering results this way. I have been doing the Tetris game in Arrange for many years, and its great in many ways, just not triggering my creativeness anymore.
steffensen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote