IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What inspired YOU to start producing? and when did you start doing it?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8552380
Thanked 7,229 Times in 5,118 Posts
Re: What inspired YOU to start producing? and when did you start doing it?

I went to college and got an English degree, along the way I started DJing (DnB mostly), then by th end I was applying to MFA's in creative writing. Went to a studio program for writing, still DJing, started to fiddle with FL Studio. I wanted to make DnB, but also wanted to combine spoken word poetry with what I was doing music wise.

Along the way I worked for various poetry centers and a literary small press. I found out that the literary academic publishing world's idea of "peer review" was more along the lines of "we will publish your drivel if you publish ours" and was complete bullshit. I also found out soon after graduating that what we were told about degree = dream job teaching writing was a huge pile of human mouth feces. Now I mostly teach freshman essay writing and teach creative writing to people who want to write vampire drivel or by JK Rowling, or spend the whole semester writing (badly) about gay demon hunters...

A bit late to the game, I heard some stuff like Skream, Benga, Coki, Mala and wanted to start producing again...stopped writing to concentrate on that...still haven't started that poetry/music project yet...but I'm feeling good about getting it underway this fall.

Anyway, hoping to find a publisher or label for some kind of multimedia spoken word poetry + synths and some beats type project when I finish it. Like a CD + book of words type deal

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote