IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What ya'll been up to
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #11
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280999
Thanked 1,169 Times in 751 Posts
Re: What ya'll been up to

Is it weird to say "mostly music"? It seems weird in this context. A while ago I got a digital piano and it's been one of the largest boons to my songwriting that I've had in a long time. I don't know why writing in the sequencer has been such a block for me for a while. Especially being that I've done it a lot in the past, but sitting down at the piano to write has been extremely fruitful. In fact, the past couple times I've ended up with two pieces for what I write because I end up writing a piece and transferring it into the sequencer as an electronic track. Then, there ends up being other things I want to explore with the same ideas. So, I end up writing a kind of "post-classical" piece exploring those ideas. Aside from that, for fun I've also been working on a kind of minimalistic goth-inspired rock project. Might make an EP or something out of that stuff.

In non-music things, after years of living by one side of Chinatown and working by the other, I decided to start learning how to speak Chinese. Which is actually going better than I thought it would. Somewhat unfortunately a big portion of people from Chinatown speak the Cantonese dialect rather than the Chinese I'm learning, but I've been sticking with it anyway, as it's been pretty useful nonetheless even so far, and I still end up meeting plenty of people (especially tourists) that don't speak English very well, but speak Standard Chinese.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote