IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Melodyne?
Thread: Melodyne?
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42392799
Thanked 5,176 Times in 3,374 Posts
Re: Melodyne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
Can I get the polyphonic pitch editing without going for the top level version?
Nope, well not quite. You need one of the high end versions and they are rather expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
Anyone use this? Is it utterly painful to interact with?
I use it a lot for things other than pitch shifting e.g. its great for editing out breathing in vocals and any noise before and after a sound that you may want to isolate.

The interface is pretty friendly.

The version that integrates with Sonar is prone to being buggy, but in fairness some of the issues come from dodgy integration on the Sonar side.

The installation of the package is also not without its quiet bugs. For example, you may think you're getting to choose where it installs but it still dumps a whole load of stuff in the default directories no matter what you choose during installation. Then later if you try to point your DAW at only the other directories you've chosen, the VST3/ARA version of the plugin mysteriously stops working.

Overall its good. But not without some facepalm-inducing issues that the devs have never addressed. I've been using it quite a long time now and have workarounds for most issues I've encountered.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
envelope3 (19-07-2017)