The Worst Music You've Ever Heard 3.0

Seems like every country has a Sky Ferreira equivalent; garbage yesterday, hipster tomorrow

got a batch of silly videos for worst music amateurs

reh dogg apparently believes the success of ā€œwhy must I cryā€ means he can have a career making shit music. Heā€™s obivously more self-conscious in this one, still fucking terrible. ā€œIā€™m your chinese blackmanā€ sounds promising too but I canā€™t be arsed to click on that.

this one is new to me, but already well-known. I believe it demonstrates the miserable cultural background of UFO-watching wackos

and this actually requires skills in some way

lol wtfā€¦

blearg
more like techno cover (as far as i can tell that ainā€™t kurt cobainā€™s voice I hear)
that triangle @1:35 and then the bells haha shit how can these guys claim a nirvana influence

enjoy, you cunts

accordion still my favorite instrument

watching _ms suggestion right after this, youtube gave me the perfect crossover

No one posted it yet so Iā€™m going to

wow. check that taste man. None of these videos should have been made. ā€œwhat about I make a mashup of AC/DC and JSB on my accordion?ā€ >> NO

holy fuck

made me think about this hate-cover except puddle of shit is probably serious about theirs

I absolutely unironically love The Shaggs. Itā€™s such a breath of fresh air from popular Western music. Iā€™d listen to them over 99% of the boring, derivative bullshit that people post over in the ā€œWhat Are You Listening To?ā€ thread. Thatā€™s not fair, Iā€™ve actually found a lot of cool music through the ā€œListening Toā€ thread. Still, Shaggs are more interesting that most music produced in the last 50 years.

Itā€™s like The Boredoms meet The Beach Boys.

Yes. I tend to agree with him.

I wonder if anyone has successfully covered any of these songs

Maybe pile of shit Puddle of Mudd should try this instead

nah the shaggs is no-fi anti-folk at its best.

I also absolutely love Jad Fair and Daniel Johnston album together and I would love to be making this kind of music with my friends.

Please check the Music Review before listening to any song

birth-of-country-music-you-know-how-good-music-is-66978228

Corporate bro country is the worst, agree. Itā€™s like they use this one template file and change things a bit. Itā€™s all manufactured in same studio or something that involves them checking this list of things what to include. Itā€™s very generic, stock, inoffensive with this only goal to get it on radio stations and be ā€œrelatetableā€

It might be laughable at first how crappy that entire scene is but I feel you. Because of your location it surrounds you with not much of escape. And they all also bandwaggon whatā€™s trending nowadays so you have trap beats too! shudders

lol 6-pack. ā€œhell yeah I drink beer too! those guys are so meee!ā€

Opinion: the best ā€œcountryā€ music band ever has nothing to do with ā€œcountry musicā€ as a genre.

16 HP/WovenHand/David Eugene Edwards absolutely rule.

Fun fact: I saw 16 HP twice back in the day, while in London, UK. They covered a Joy Division song - ā€œ24 hoursā€. It was absolutely fucking unreal, like time stopped or something. The crowd in the packed venue stayed totally silent the whole time, in shock. It was like having a different version of Ian Curtis singing to us. The place felt somewhat colder. Crazy goosebumps the whole timeā€¦ and I was 100% sober that night (a rare thing back in those days) so I remember that otherworldly feeling very well. Incredible. So much respect for DEE.

Iā€™m a huge 16HP/Wovenhand fan (despite not being a bit religious). Iā€™m not sure how much I consider them country, more rooted in folk, but the music sure is magical.

Yup, I donā€™t consider them country either - more like from the countryside, if you will. And heā€™s (litteraly) the son of a preacherman (hence his extreme religiousity I suppose)ā€¦ doesnā€™t get more grassroots Americana than that, right? :slight_smile:

16 horsepower is more like an americana version of a silver mount zion. A friend had given me their secret south album years ago, and I liked their style.

That bro country shit is the worse though. Horrible horrible culture. Iā€™m happy itā€™s one thing from the US that hasnā€™t crossed the ocean.